Fun In The Sun: Upcoming Trips

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fun In The Sun: Upcoming Trips

Nicolas The Knight, News Reporter

Hey Cougars!

As you all know, Cushman Middle School trips are coming up very soon. The Cushman trips are something that occur every year beginning in the 5th grade and continuing through the 8th grade. As you get into higher grades, the trips become farther away from home so that children grow independence. Each grade in the Middle School will be going to a different location for their trip, to have a fun time with friends. The 5th graders go to Marine Lab in the Keys, the 6th graders will be going to Circle F. Dude Ranch, the 7th graders will be going to Washington D.C, and the 8th graders will be going to Costa Rica. The 5th grade trip went on February 5th and 6th  to Marine Lab on comfortable air-conditioned buses.

The 6th grade will be leaving on March 18th and returning on March 21st. Each student gets a piece of paper where they can write down five friends they would like to bunk with during the trip. After that, the teachers look at all the papers and see if there’s a match. At the Dude Ranch, children can expand their team-building skills and choose between several high adventure options. You can horseback ride, go on ziplines, and more. This trip is in Florida which is about 4 hours by car and not that far away from home.

7th grade goes to Washington D.C. to have a fun time and learn about the nation’s capital. They leave on March 18th and come back on March 21st. There are many fun things you can do to enjoy your time there, like visiting the most famous monuments. You also visit a lot of the museums and eat at food courts and other restaurants. This trip is about 2 hours and 20 minutes on a plane. In a car, this trip is about 15 hours and 30 minutes (which is far away from home). In car it’s almost a day! The 7th graders will have an amazing time where they can do so much and learn about Americas history.

The 8th grade class goes to Costa Rica to enjoy their “vacation.” The 8th grade is the only grade that leaves the U.S. They will visit volcanos and experience some of the nature which Costa Rica is famous for. They also might even go rafting in the water or do other fun stuff. The 8th grade will travel by plane, leaving on March 17th. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to see some pictures when they come back.

I hope everyone has a fun time during their trips!