How the Play-to-Learn Center Will Launch Cushman Sports

Back to Article
Back to Article

HOW THE PLAY TO LEARN CENTER WILL LAUNCH CUSHMAN SPORTS

When the Cushman School has the Play to Learn Center it will completely change sports at our school. Imagine being able to play sports in the air conditioning, being able to watch one of our sports teams being able to compete right here on campus, and building sports teams that are truly competitive. It’s about to be a reality!

Some of the ways that Cushman’s sports will be enhanced when the Play to Learn Center is established are that once we have a state of the art facility, more highly skilled athletes will be attracted to compete for Cushman, especially for high school. Also for many sports, weather won’t affect practice and games because they’ll now be inside allowing for enhanced and more efficient practice times. Additionally, the indoor facility will promote school spirit because more students and parents will be likely to come to the games because of the air conditioning.

For our new high school the students will benefit from being able to practice their sports during later hours because, whether inside or on the rooftop sports field, lighting conditions will no longer be an issue. Additionally, parents will be happy to know their children will be playing sports on campus and won’t be transported by bus to other facilities, saving travel time. Also, for the athletes, it will men more practice time because they won’t be traveling to different locations.

In conclusion the Play to Learn Center will enhance Cushman’s athletic department by providing athletes with a dream facility.