Love Can Heal, Hatred Can’t

Jasmin Rossi, News Reporter

‘’Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that,’’ that’s what Martin Luther King said not so long ago. Now, here’s something that happened really not long ago, there were bombs sent to fourteen political people and a massacre, a massacre against eleven people in a Pittsburgh synagogue. We live in a world with too much hatred, and we as children see this hatred nearly every day, sometimes on television, and other times in our society. That needs to change. Obviously, we can’t live in a perfect world but wouldn’t it be nice to live in a world with a little more peace? We are very lucky, we study at a wonderful school with many wonderful teachers and students, and we have friends, family and other people that are there for us. We support each other and that’s what’s important. Try to remember how important kindness is, especially in the world we live in today. We are the people of the future, the world is on our shoulders, now it’s just up to us to see what we’ll do with it.

Challenge of the Kind:

On our poll on the Chronicle, vote who you would choose for Governor, however, you then have to leave a kind comment about the other candidate, saying something nice about them. Up for the Challenge? Can’t wait to see your responses.